Price: R 9 995 pp sharing, R 10 995.00 pp single, R 5 595.00 child under 12
Prices quoted are per person
- 3 HOUR SUNSET DRIVE ON BALULE PLAINS Big 5 Reserve
- BUSH BRAAI
- 4 HOUR BIG FIVE BUSH WALK with ARMED RANGERS
- 4 HOUR GAME DRIVE on BALULE Big 5 Reserve
- FULL DAY IN KRUGER PARK ON OPEN GAMEVIEWER
- MOHOLOHOLO REHABILITATION CENTRE
- 3 HOUR GAME DRIVE ON TSHUKUDU BIG 5 GAME RESERVE
- SUNRISE DRIVE
- SCENIC HIGHLIGHTS OF BLYDE CANYON
Pick up from your hotel in Gauteng or Johannesburg Airport and travel via the Highveld grasslands to the subtropical Lowveld. At Tremisana Game Lodge in the Balule section of the Kruger National Park, unwind at the bar, enjoy a refreshing dip in our pool and relax in the beautiful tropical gardens. Board an open Landcruiser for a 3h Sunset Drive, your first opportunity to experience the varied fauna and flora of Africa. Watch the magnificent African sunset and, after dark, use spotlights to locate nocturnal animals. Dinner in the Marula Tree Boma will be a BUSH BRAAI. Continue the night drive after dinner and overnight at Tremisana Lodge.
At sunrise drive to the mighty Olifants River to enjoy a 4h Bush Walk. Your rangers will lead you through the bush at a pace you can handle. The thrill of following big animals will remain with you forever. Adrenalin surges will be acute, notwithstanding that your rangers are adequately armed. Return to Tremisana for brunch. Later you may sleep in your air-conditioned chalet, swim or read wildlife magazines in our Lapa Lounge. A light lunch will be served and at around 15h30, we enjoy a 4 h game drive on Balule Big Five Game Reserve. We stop for Sundowners and toast the splendour of Africa. The rangers are in constant contact so as to be informed of the movements of the animals. Return to Tremisana at 19h30.
Drive to the Orpen Gate of Kruger on a custom-built open-sided Game Viewer. You will have an opportunity to view game without intervening glass windows and also listen to and smell the denizens of the bush. We have regular stops at picnic spots, rest camps and places of interest. The Orpen-Satara-Nwanedzi region’s open plains attract large herds of zebra, giraffe and antelope, that, in turn, attract many predators. In fact this zone has the highest concentration of lions in Africa.
Today we enjoy a morning tour of the Moholoholo Rehabilitation Centre for injured and orphaned animals and birds. You will have an opportunity to get close and personal to some of the residents, including lions and leopards. Return to Tremisana Lodge for a light lunch.
At around 15h00 we drive to Tshukudu Game Lodge for a 3 h game drive in this enclosed Big Five Reserve where our chances of seeing the Big Five are high.
Enjoy a Sunrise Drive. After breakfast, drive via the Panorama Route to see the scenic splendours including the Three Rondawels and the Blyde River Canyon. We return to Gauteng in the late afternoon. Airport drop-off by arrangement.
- All transfers, entry fees, game drives/walks, breakfasts and dinners
- Items of a personal nature
- This is an intended itinerary. Times as well as the order of the itinerary are subject to change.
- Accommodation used is subject to availability and in the event the intended accommodation is unavailable we reserve the right to change establishments or camps to an alternative lodge or camp of similar or better standard.